Photovoltaic Project of Distinction Award
The call for nominations has been extended to January 29!
The Solar Energy Industries Association and Solar Electric Power Association are proud to present the Photovoltaic Project of Distinction Award. In 2015, the Award celebrates a major achievement in the Northeastern solar energy marketplace. This award recognizes the highest achievement for a PV solar energy project of any scale.
The Project of Distinction Award winners will be announced in the General Session on Monday, March 9. Finalists will have the opportunity to create a project poster, which will be displayed for the duration of the conference.
Call for Nominations
Deadline: Thursday, January 29, 2015 at 11:59 pm PST
All applicants must complete the online application by the above deadline. Emailed, faxed, or mailed applications will not be accepted. Projects must be operational to qualify and developed in the Northeast region of the United States. Installation must be completed between January 2014 and December 2014.
Nominations include basic demographic information, details about the project, and at least two and up to five photographs. Photographs become the property of PV America and may be reproduced for the event and future marketing.
Winners will receive at least three weeks notice prior to the event and must be present at PV America on Monday,
March 9 to accept the award.
Nominees will be judged based on collective benefit and impact, including criteria in the following categories:
- Design – overcoming design challenges; innovation; aesthetics
- Technology (for the components) – overcoming design challenges; innovation
- Policy and Financing – optimum, creative or unusual approaches to policy/finance
- Collaboration in the community and among sectors (public/private, schools, etc.)
- Community Benefit – philanthropic; non-profit; low income
- Community Project Development – does the project serve more than one user?
- Can this business model or project approach be replicated?
|Thursday, December 11, 2014||Call for Nominations opens|
|Thursday, January 29, 2015||Call for Nominations closes at 11:59 pm PST|
|Monday, March 9, 2015||Winners announced at General Session at PV America|